We were so fortunate to spend women’s day with Afro soul sensation Siphokazi Mohapi who ushered us into the presence of God in song. Siphokazi first burst into the South African music scene with her unique voice in hit single “Amacala”. The song bird ministered beautifully at the women’s day event in Cape Town sampling songs from her previous albums and other songs that were layed in her spirit.
Here are 10 things about Siphokazi as a Woman of God that we chatted about after the event;
- New music:
- She has a new single called ” Ithemba” and will be gearing up to release a gospel album soon.
- Her favourate song out of all her three albums is ” Ndiyabulela”. She believes that it is important to show gratidute to those God has put in your path.
- Favourate Bible verse:
- Jeremiah 29:11 “I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you but to give you a hope and a future.”
- Favourate qoute:
- God’s delays are not God’s denial. Delay is not denial.
- Favourate local gospel artist\songs :
- Elshaddai Adonai by Bishop Benjamin Dube, You are here by Dr Tumi
- Favourate International artist:
- Stevey Wonder
- Favourate food:
- loves South African traditional dishes like samp & beans, pap, amadombolo ect.
- She was born in Lusikisiki, Eastern Cape and currently lives in Gauteng.
- She is married and they are blessed with two boys.
- She is a trained Musician and studied at Central Johannesburg College. Siphokazi also does Jazz, Afro soul and a bit of masikandi live shows.
- She is a firm believer in God and a was Christian from a young age.
To keep in touch follow her on social media, Twitter @siphokazisings, on Instagram @siphokazisings and she is also on facebook.